for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - 1980 World Series' Basics
We already have one quiz on the 1980 World Series. This one is much more challenging! written by bryboy7 from the PhilaPhans Message Board.
July 17, 2007
Major League Baseball
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Hollywood Collectibles)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Who were the Philadelphia Phillies' winning pitchers in the 1980 World Series?
A. Steve Carlton (2), Bob Walk, Tug McGraw
B. Walk (2), Carlton, Ron Reed
C. Carlton, Walk, Reed, McGraw
D. Carlton, Walk, McGraw, Marty Bystrom
2. Which Philadelphia Phillie had the most RBI in the 1980 World Series?
A. Bake McBride
B. Mike Schmidt
C. Bob Boone
D. Manny Trillo
3. Which Philadelphia Phillies pitcher had an 108.00 ERA in the 1980 World Series (4 earned runs allowed in 1/3 of an inning)?
A. Ron Reed
B. Marty Bystrom
C. Dickie Noles
D. Larry Christensen
4. Which Kansas City Royal had the highest batting average in the 1980 World Series (10 at-bat minimum)?
A. Willie Aikens
B. Amos Otis
C. Hal McRae
D. George Brett
5. Which Kansas City Royals were the 4 losing pitchers in the 1980 World Series?
A. Dennis Leonard (2), Dan Quisenberry, Renie Martin
B. Quisenberry (2), Leonard, Rich Gale
C. Leonard, Quisenberry, Larry Gura, Paul Splittorff
D. Leonard, Gale, Gura, Splittorff
6. In Game 5 of the 1980 World Series, which Philadelphia Phillies's pinch-hit double knocked in the tying run, and he scored the winning run?
A. Del Unser
B. Keith Moreland
C. Lonnie Smith
D. Greg Gross
7. Which two Philadelphia Phillies hit home runs in the 1980 World Series?
A. Mike Schmidt, Bob Boone
B. Bake McBride, Greg Luzinski
C. Schmidt, Garry Maddox
D. Schmidt, McBride
8. Which 3 Kansas City Royals hit home runs in the 1980 World Series?
A. Willie Aikens, George Brett, Amos Otis
B. Aikens, Otis, Frank White
C. Aikens, Brett, Hal McRae
D. Aikens, Otis, McRae
9. How many "come from behind" wins did the Philadelphia Phillies have in the 1980 World Series?
10. Which Philadelphia Phillie had the lowest batting average in the 1980 World Series (10 at-bat minimum)?
A. Pete Rose
B. Manny Trillo
C. Garry Maddox
D. Larry Bowa
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by