for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - The Atlantic Ocean
Questions covering the depth, size, trivia and borders of the Atlantic Ocean.
March 15, 2015
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Atlantic Ocean Map @ Digital Wisdom)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In terms of area, where does the Atlantic Ocean rank among the world's oceans?
2. In loose terms, what is the northern border of the Atlantic Ocean?
A. Arctic Ocean
3. What is the name of the submarine ridge lying along the north-south axis of the Atlantic Ocean?
A. The Atlantic Ridge
B. The Mid-Atlantic Ridge
C. The Mid-Atlantic Range
D. The Mid-Marine Ridge
4. Waters from many of the greatest rivers of the world flow into the Atlantic Ocean. Which of the following is not one of them?
A. Amazon River
B. Congo River
C. Yukon River
D. Niger River
5. What country has the longest coastline along the Atlantic Ocean?
B. United States
6. The Atlantic Ocean got its name from what Greek word?
D. none of the above
7. What is the largest island to lie
the Atlantic Ocean?
B. Great Britain
8. Which of the following seas is not part of the Atlantic Ocean?
A. Tasman Sea
B. Caribbean Sea
C. North Sea
D. Greenland Sea
9. Which of the following major cities of the world is not a port city on the Atlantic Ocean?
A. New York City, United States
B. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
C. Buenos Aires, Argentina
D. San Francisco, United States
10. Which of the following subdivides the Atlantic Ocean into the North Atlantic Ocean and South Atlantic Ocean?
A. Tropic of Capricorn
C. Tropic of Cancer
D. Arctic Circle
Conditions of Use