for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Alaska Fun Facts
How much do you know about the most northerly U S state of Alaska?
January 26, 2019
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Military.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. From what country did the USA purchase Alaska in 1867?
A. Great Britain
2. Which of the following is not true of Alaska?
A. Tourism is the state's largest income earner.
B. It is the closest U S state to the International Date Line.
C. It is the largest US state.
D. It is the sparsest populated U S state.
3. Of what does Alaska have more than three million?
4. What is the largest city in Alaska?
5. Which of the following is true about Alaska?
A. The Japanese occupied part of Alaska in World War II.
B. Alaska was the 50th state to be admitted to the Union.
C. Alaskans have one of the lowest costs of living in the US.
D. Alaska has the longest highway connections in the US.
6. The Iditarod Dog Sled Race is a famous Alaskan event that starts in Anchorage and ends in what city?
7. Alaska is separated from the Russian mainland by the Bering Strait which is how wide at its narrowest point?
A. 51 miles or 82km
B. 84 miles or 135km
C. 127 miles or 204km
D. 211 miles or 339km
8. What is the longest river in Alaska?
9. Many native groups call Alaska home. Which of the following does not dwell in Alaska?
10. Which of the following is not true about Alaska?
A. Its highest mountain is called Denali.
B. There are no professional sports teams.
C. Those who flocked to the Klondike gold rush were called "forty-niners".
D. It has the longest coast line of all US states.
Conditions of Use