for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - The Pacific Ocean
The Pacific Ocean is the world's largest ocean that millions of people live around or as part of. Take ten trivia questions on this massive body of water.
March 13, 2015
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Pacific Ocean Map @ mapresources.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. The Pacific Ocean got its name because Europeans thought it was what?
2. The Pacific Ocean is so large it could fit the areas of which of the following continents?
A. Asia and Africa
B. North and South America
C. Asia and the Americas
D. All the continents
3. What percentage of the world's oceanic water does the Pacific Ocean contain?
4. Who was the first European to sight the western Pacific Ocean?
A. Vasco da Gama
B. Ferdinand Magellan
C. Vasco Balboa
D. Bartholomew Diaz
5. How many defined island groups are there in the Pacific Ocean?
6. Which of the following facts about the Pacific Ocean is not true?
A. It is home of the world's deepest oceanic depression.
B. It contains the world's busiest container port.
C. It is home to the "Ring of Fire".
D. It recorded the world's most deadly cyclone.
7. What is the body of water that links the Pacific Ocean to the Arctic Ocean?
A. Cook Strait
B. Strait of Magellan
C. Bering Strait
D. Aleutian Strait
8. Which of the following seas is not found in the Pacific Ocean?
C. South China
D. Sulu Sea
9. Which of the following statements is not true of the Pacific Ocean?
A. It is home to weather patterns called El Nino and La Nina.
B. The Southern Pacific is warmer than the Northern Pacific.
C. The Pacific Ocean has the most varied array of plants and animals of all oceans.
D. It has smaller tidal variations than other oceans.
10. Which of the following rivers does not flow into the Pacific Ocean?
B. Rio Grande
Conditions of Use