for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Martin Luther: Christian Reformer
See if you can nail this trivia quiz about the life and teachings of Martin Luther!
January 14, 2012
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Martin Luther public domain image)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In 1483, Martin Luther was born to peasant stock in Eisleben in the Holy Roman Empire. In what modern-day country is Eisleben located?
2. Martin Luther's first ambition was to become a lawyer. What life-changing event motivated him to dedicate his life to the priesthood and Christianity?
A. he was caught in a thunderstorm
B. he nearly died from influenza
C. he nearly died in a carriage accident
D. he had a dream in which St. Anna told him to become a priest
3. Luther earned two Bachelor's Degrees and a Doctorate Degree. In what field of study was his doctorate?
B. Pastoral Studies & Counseling
4. At what university did Martin Luther teach?
A. University of Trier
B. University of Greifswald
C. University of Rostock
D. University of Wittenburg
5. In 1517, Luther published what was to become the primary catalyst for the Protestant Reformation. What was the name of it?
A. Ninety-Five Theses
B. Luther's Large Catechism
C. Luther's Small Catechism
D. On the Freedom of a Christian
6. In 1525, Martin Luther married Katharina von Bora. What did Katharina do before she married Luther?
A. peasant girl
B. daughter of rich German land owners
D. house servant
7. Martin Luther was excommunicated from the Catholic Churcch by Pope Leo X on 3 January 1521, in the bull Decet Romanum Pontificem. What is the English translation of "Decet Romanum Pontificem"?
A. From the Desk of the Roman Pontiff
B. By Order of the Roman Pontiff
C. It Pleases the Roman Pontiff
D. Strict Orders from the Roman Pontiff
8. Luther published his translated version of the New Testament in 1522 and of the Old Testament in 1534. Into what language did he translate the Bible?
9. Later in life, Luther dedicated much of his life writing and preaching hatred against the Jews, contributing to his controversial status. What writing did he publish in 1543, proclaiming his hatred for the Jews?
A. Against Jewish Doctrine
B. On the Jews and Their Lies
C. That Jesus Christ Was Born a Jew
D. Hatred for the Jews
10. Martin Luther is honored with a feast day in the Lutheran Calendar of Saints and in the Episcopal (United States) Calendar of Saints. What day is it?
A. February 18
B. June 13
C. October 31
D. November 10
Pine River Consulting 2022