for extra features!
PeopleQuiz is people trivia! Pick your favorite category and play our
Ten-Question Trivia Quizzes,
Browse our site and learn more about people trivia!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Canadian Flag Facts & History
Important Canadian Flag facts - its history, creation, design and more. Great Canadian Flag trivia!
September 26, 2011
North American Geography
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: The Canadian Flag @ Canadian Govt. Official Site)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What species of maple leaf is in the centre of the Canadian flag?
A. Red Maple
B. Silver Maple
C. Black Maple
D. Sugar Maple
2. When is the Canadian Flag Day celebrated?
A. July 1
B. February 15
C. September 10
D. December 8
3. How wide are the two vertical bands of red on either end of the flag relative to the white centre section of the flag?
A. 1/4 the width of the centre
B. 1/3 the width of the centre
C. 1/2 the width of the centre
D. the same width as the centre
4. In what year was the current Canadian flag officially adopted? Hint: Lester B. Pearson was the prime minister at the time.
5. The National Flag of Canada is popularly referred to as what?
A. The Pearson Pennant
B. The Great White North Flag
C. The Maple Leaf Flag
D. The Red & White Flag
6. In 1921, King George V proclaimed the official colours of Canada as what?
A. red, white and blue
B. red and white
C. green and yellow
D. gold and blue
7. How many points are on the maple leaf in the centre of the Canadian flag?
8. The Canadian Flag, when in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem of display, should be destroyed in a dignified way. What is the proper method of destruction?
A. burn the flag in private
B. bury the flag
C. throw the flag in the trash
D. bury the flag at sea
9. Flying the Canadian flag upside-down would indicate what?
A. election day
10. The Canadian Red Ensign had evolved as the de facto national flag prior to 1965. Which of these elements will you find on that flag?
A. British Red Ensign (background)
B. Union Flag in the canton (upper left)
C. shield of the Coat of Arms of Canada
D. all of the above
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by