for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Grover Cleveland: 22nd & 24th U.S. President
What do you know about Grover Cleveland, the 22nd and 24th U.S. President?
September 23, 2009
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Grover Cleveland @ The White House)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Grover Cleveland was the mayor of what New York city from January to November, 1882?
B. New York City
2. What position did Cleveland hold for the state of New York from 1883 to 1885?
A. Speaker of the House
C. Lieutenant Governor
D. Attorney General
3. Which of the following bills did President Cleveland NOT veto during his first term in office?
A. Civil War Pension Bill
B. bill providing for Civil War veterans to receive benefits for injuries NOT sustained in battle
C. Texas Seed Bill (to help farmers affected by drought)
D. Hawaii Annexation Bill
4. In 1886, President Cleveland married Frances Folsom, becoming only the second president to marry while in office. He was 49. How old was she?
5. Grover Cleveland held the office of the president from 1885 to 1889 and again from 1893 to 1897. Who served as president between these two terms?
A. Rutherford B. Hayes
B. Chester A Arthur
C. Benjamin Harrison
D. William McKinley
6. Who served as President Cleveland's vice president during his second term?
A. Thomas A. Hendricks
B. Adlai E. Stevenson I
C. William McKinley
D. Theodore Roosevelt
7. In 1884, President Cleveland ordered 125,000 employees back to work, effectively ending The Pullman Strike. In what industry were these workers employed?
8. In 1893, President Cleveland had surgery to remove a tumor. The operation was kept hidden from the public. Where was the tumor located?
9. During his presidency, Cleveland and his wife would often retreat to his vacation home in a rural upland within the District of Columbia. The area around their former home is now called what?
A. Frances Pines
B. Cleveland Oaks
C. Cleveland Park
D. Grover Park
10. From 1928 to 1946, Cleveland's portrait appeared on what denomination of currency?
Conditions of Use