for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - The Carpenters: Dynamic Musical Duo
Karen and Richard are personal friends of mine. I miss Karen deeply and listen to her music daily. I am still in contact with Richard from time to time. -Robin
December 10, 2008
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: About.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What year did The Carpenters win The Hollywood Battle of the Bands?
2. What was the name of The Carpenters' first studio album (released in 1969)?
A. Ticket to Ride (first released under the title of "Offerings")
B. Close to You
D. A Song for You
3. What was the first The Carpenters' single that made it to #1 on both the U.S. Adult Contemporary and U.S. Hot 100 charts?
A. "Top of the World"
B. "Rainy Days and Mondays"
C. "We've Only Just Begun"
D. "(They Long to Be) Close to You"
4. How many albums did The Carpenters release during their 14-year career together?
5. What album did The Carpenters release in the summer of 1976?
A. Song For You
B. A Kind of Hush
C. From The Top
D. Close to You
6. What Carpenter's song was inspired by an old film, "Rhythm on the River", starring Bing Crosby?
A. "Goodbye to Love"
C. "It's Going to Take Some Time"
D. "Only Yesterday"
7. Karen and Richard loved to play softball. What was Karenâ€™s favorite position to play on the field?
C. right field
8. Which alternative rock band recorded "Tunic (Song for Karen)" as a tribute to Karen Carpenter?
A. Matchbox Twenty
B. The Cranberries
C. Blind Melon
D. Sonic Youth
9. In what year were The Carpenters honored on Ralph Edwards' show, "This is Your Life"?
10. In their heyday, Karen and Richard had 2 pets. What were their names?
A. Rocky & Bullwinkle
B. Lady & Tramp
C. Mush & Peanut
D. Lady & Mush
Pine River Consulting 2022