for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Yes: A Glimpse at the Early Years (1968-70)
See what you know about the early years of the fantasy rock group, Yes. -bill
February 02, 2007
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Yes Logo)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In what year was Yes formed?
2. The founding members of Yes were:
A. Jon Anderson and Chris Squire
B. Jon Anderson and Steve Howe
C. Chris Squire and Steve Howe
D. Tony Kaye and Bill Bruford
3. Which of the following band members were NOT part of the original Yes lineup?
A. Peter Banks
B. Alan White
C. Chris Squire
D. Jon Anderson
4. Peter Banks came up with the band's name. What was his rationale for the name Yes?
A. he was a positive thinker
B. it was short and to the point
C. he loved to pump his fist in the air and yell, "Yes!"
D. he thought it would stand out on posters
5. The first Yes album was aptly titled Yes. What was the title of their second album?
A. "The Yes Album"
B. "Time and a Word"
D. "Close to the Edge"
6. The song "I See You" was released on the Yes' first album. The song was a jazzed-up version of the original version of the song first recorded by what band?
A. The Byrds
B. The Strawbs
C. The Yardbirds
7. Who accompanied the band on the album "Time and a Word?"
A. Ray and Dave Davies
B. Stephen Stills
C. The Vienna Boys Choir
D. a 30-piece orchestra
8. The harmony vocals of what two band members were an immediate trademark in the early days (and still is today) of the Yes sound?
A. John Anderson and Peter Banks
B. Jon Anderson and Tony Kaye
C. Jon Anderson and Bill Bruford
D. Jon Anderson and Chris Squire
9. Who was fired from the band just prior to the release of the album "Time and a Word?"
A. Peter Banks
B. Tony Kaye
C. Bill Bruford
D. Chris Squire
10. The first Yes album with Rick Wakeman on keyboards was:
A. "Close to the Edge"
B. "The Yes Album"
Conditions of Use