for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Songs of Color: Part 2
This is a followup to the 2010 quiz "Songs of Color". Some of the songs are little more obscure and there are a few "double whammy" questions so this one's going to be a bit more difficult. Have fun!
April 26, 2013
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Songs of Color by Alphonso Blake)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Johnny Wakelin recorded this one hit wonder about Muhammad Ali in 1975 Johnny Wakelin recorded the one hit wonder "__________ Superman" in 1975.
2. Creedence Clearwater Revival reached number 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 with _________ River in 1969.
3. Speaking of rivers, one-hit wonders Johnny and the Hurricanes had a number 5 hit with __________ River Rock in 1959.
4. I know you're getting tired of them, but here's another river song with a color in the title. One-hit wonder Christie released a song called ________ River in 1970.
5. Here's the first of two "double whammy" questions in the quiz. In 1957 Marty Robbins recorded A __________ Sport Coat and a __________ Carnation.
A. Black; Red
B. White; Red
C. Black; Yellow
D. White; Pink
6. In 1961 the Marcels recorded __________ Moon, a doo-wop version of this 1934 Rodgers & Hart standard.
7. This song by brother-sister duo Nino Temple and April Stevens was a number one hit in 1963 and won a Grammy award for rock record of the year: Deep __________.
8. Here's another "double whammy" question. R.E.M. recorded a song called Orange __________ in 1989. The album on which it appeared is also a color-__________.
A. Orange; Green
B. Red; Black
C. Maroon; Aqua
D. Blue; Maroon.
9. The English band XTC had a major falling out with its label, Virgin Records, when it decided to recall and destroy several single pressings of Wrapped in __________, a track on their 1992 album "Nonsuch"
10. Coldplay's first hit single in the United Kingdom, recorded in 2000, was: __________.
Conditions of Use