for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Daniel Boone
What do you know about American pioneer, explorer, and frontiersman, Daniel Boone?
September 03, 2011
American Frontier Explorers
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Wikimedia Commons: Daniel Boone)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. After growing up in Pennsylvania, Daniel Boone's family moved to what state?
B. North Carolina
2. In 1759, an event prompted Boone, his wife Rebecca and their children to flee their home and settle in Culpeper County, Virginia. What was it?
A. Cherokee War
C. British Invasion
D. flood from a hurricane
3. Despite resistance from Native American tribes, Daniel Boone blazed a trail through the Cumberland Gap in the Appalachian Mountains from North Carolina and Tennessee into Kentucky. What was the name of the road?
A. Boone's Road
B. Settler's Road
C. Wilderness Road
D. Valley Road
4. During his exploration of Kentucky, Boone was captured by a group of Native Americans belonging to what tribe?
5. In 1780, Boone led attacks on Shawnee towns in Ohio. What relative of Boone was killed during the sieges?
A. his son, Daniel
B. his father, Squire
C. his brother, Edward
D. his wife, Rebecca
6. How many times was Daniel Boone elected to the Virginia General Assembly during the Revolutionary War?
7. What did Daniel Boone do after the Revolutionary War?
A. horse rancher
C. governor of North Carolina
D. merchant and land speculator
8. Boone went into debt late in life. Why?
A. a good deal of his life's savings were stolen during a bank robbery in 1806
B. he was sued over hunting rights in Kentucky
C. he had a number of legal problems regarding his land claims
D. all of the above
9. In what state is the Daniel Boone National Forest located?
B. North Carolina
10. What actor portrayed Daniel Boone in the 1964-1970 television series called "Daniel Boone"?
A. John Wayne
B. James Arness
C. Fess Parker
D. Clayton Moore
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by