for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Texas Longhorns Football History & Facts
Test your knowledge of Texas Longhorns' football history and Texas Longhorns' trivia!
December 26, 2007
Big 12 Football
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Texas Longhorns Football helmet @ texassports.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What are the official colors of the Texas Longhorns?
A. burnt orange and white
B. red and white
C. orange and silver
D. cardinal and green
2. In the 100-year span from 1897 to 1996, Texas had only one coach with a career losing record. Who was he?
A. David McWilliams
B. Edwin B. "Ed" Price
C. Dexter W. Draper
D. John E. "Jack" Chevigny
3. What is the name of the Longhorn mascot?
4. Since the 1990s, the Longhorn's annual game against rival Texas A&M has been played on what day?
A. Labor Day
B. first game of the season
C. Thanksgiving Day
D. the day after Thanksgiving
5. In what conference did the Longhorn football team compete from 1913-1917?
A. Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association
C. Texas Intercollegiate Athletic Association
D. Southwest Conference
6. In the 10-year span from 1963-1972, the Texas Longhorns won three national championships. In which of the following years did they NOT win a national title?
7. In what year did the Longhorns first sport a football team?
8. The Texas Longhorns played in the first-ever Big XII Championship Game in 1996 pitting the south champion against the north champion. What team did the Longhorns defeat in that game?
A. Colorado Buffaloes
B. Nebraska Cornhuskers
C. Kansas State Wildcats
D. Missouri Tigers
9. What was Mack Brown's record in his first year as head coach of the Texas Longhorns in the 1998-99 season?
10. What team did Texas defeat in the 2006 Rose Bowl culminating in an undefeated season and a national title?
A. LSU Tigers
B. Florida Gators
C. Ohio State Buckeyes
D. USC Trojans
Conditions of Use