for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - The Three Stooges: Shemp Howard
See how much you know about Shemp Howard, aka, "GrapeHead," of The Three Stooges. Great Three Stooges trivia here!
The Three Stooges
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Shemp Howard @ Stooge World)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Shemp Howard was his stage name. What was his real name?
A. Sam Howland
B. Sam Howenberg
C. Sam Horberg
D. Sam Horwitz
2. Shemp's favorite sport was:
3. Shemp was a multi-phobic. His wife Gertrude, even characterized him as:
A. "a chicken little"
B. "a fraidy cat"
C. "afraid of everything"
D. "a nervous Nellie"
4. Shemp was described by many, including director Edward Bernds, as the most:
A. "naturally funny" of the Stooges
B. "nervous" of the Stooges
C. "likable" of the Stooges
D. "sex-crazed" of the Stooges
5. How many older brothers did Shemp have that were not in show business?
6. Shemp starred in "The Bank Dick" in 1940 with what famous comedian?
A. Jimmy Durante
B. George Burns
C. Groucho Marx
D. W.C. Fields
7. Which of the following is not a highlight of Shemps's early show business career?
A. He appeared in feature films as a solo performer
B. He appeared in short subject films as a solo performer
C. He was part of a three-part magic act
D. He was a vaudeville comedian
8. After Shemp's agent died in 1940, he voluntarily did what for his agent's widow?
A. Gave a percentage of his movie salary to her
B. Paid off her house
C. Bought her a new car
D. Paid for his agent's funeral
9. Shemp's wife's name was Gertrude. What was her nickname?
10. Shemp died in 1955 from heart failure in sort of an unusual place. Where did he die?
A. Having his portrait taken in a studio
B. In the back seat of a taxi cab
C. At a pet store, purchasing a dog
D. In the bathroom
Pine River Consulting 2022