for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - J. Edgar Hoover - FBI Overlord
J. Edgar Hoover wielded power far beyond his bureaucratic boundaries. Take ten questions on the man who led the FBI for 48 years.
December 13, 2014
Crime & Law
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Born in Washington D.C. in 1895, what affliction did J Edgar Hoover suffer as a child?
A. club foot
2. How many times did J. Edgar Hoover marry?
3. Which movie star did not deny having a short affair with J. Edgar Hoover?
A. Barbara Stanwyck
B. Claudette Colbert
C. Virginia Mayo
D. Dorothy Lamour
4. Visitors to J. Edgar Hoover's home in Washington D.C. would be greeted by what sight in the foyer?
A. A tile mosaic of Hoover's portrait
B. A photo of Hoover conversing with the president of the day
C. A tile mosaic of the seal of the FBI
D. A photo of Hoover and King George VI on his only visit to America
5. Who was the FBI associate director who acted as Hoover's closest confidante and who also received the bulk of Hoover's estate when he died?
A. Clive Jolson
B. Lester Folson
C. Clyde Tolson
D. Cyril Polson
6. Who did J. Edgar Hoover call "the most notorious liar in this country"?
A. Martin Luther King Jr
B. Malcolm X
C. Joseph McCarthy
D. Robert Kennedy
7. How many Presidents of The USA did J. Edgar Hoover serve as director?
8. Which President earned J. Edgar Hoover's lasting condemnation?
A. Franklin Roosevelt
B. Harry Truman
C. Dwight Eisenhower
D. John Kennedy
9. Finish the following J. Edgar Hoover quote - "I regret to say that we of the FBI are powerless to act in cases of oral-genital intimacy, unless it has in some way ........?
A. impinged on national security
B. evaded state taxes
C. affected the Justice Department
D. obstructed interstate commerce
10. J. Edgar Hoover has been portrayed by many actors in many films. Who of the following did not portray Hoover on screen?
A. Jack Warden
B. Vincent Gardenia
C. James Gandolfini
D. Broderick Crawfrod
Conditions of Use