for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - The Dambusters - Audacious Military Mission
A quiz on the World War II mission that was a combination of bravado, heroism and science.
May 18, 2013
World War II
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In what year and month did the raid take place on the German dams?
A. May, 1943
B. September, 1942
C. June, 1944
D. March, 1943
2. Who was the leader of the Dambusters mission?
A. Grant Graham
B. George Greene
C. Guy Gibson
D. Graham Gregory
3. What type of bomber was used for the Dambusters mission?
4. Who was the designer of the famous "bouncing bomb" used to destroy the dams?
A. Wallis Simpson
B. Barnes Wallis
C. Simpson Barnes
D. Wallis Barnes
5. What was the name of the squadron that launched the Dambusters attack?
6. How many dams were attacked in the mission?
7. What was the code name of the Dambusters mission?
A. Operation Punish
B. Operation Punitive
C. Operation Chastise
D. Operation Discipline
8. How many of the German dams were breached?
9. The Dambusters mission was a success because of expert low-level flying. What device was used to tell pilots they were flying at the correct height to deliver the bomb?
B. Newly developed altimeter
C. A sonar device which sounded when the correct height was reached
D. Dual lights aligned to show the correct height
10. Of the 19 planes that left on the Dambusters mission, how many returned?
Pine River Consulting 2022