for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Abraham Lincoln - 16th US President: Pre-Presidential Life
Ten trivia questions on the personal life and career of Abraham Lincoln before he became President.
February 18, 2013
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Abraham Lincoln @ The White House)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In which US state was Abraham Lincoln born?
B. North Carolina
2. At which sport did Abe Lincoln excel as a young man?
A. axe throwing
B. bronco busting
3. How did Abraham Lincoln's sister, Sarah die?
A. While giving birth
B. Scarlet fever
C. Drowned while crossing the Mississippi
D. Killed during a bank robbery
4. Lincoln's belief in organised religion has long been debated. Which writer is said to have influenced his thinking?
D. Thomas Paine
5. Abraham Lincoln served as captain of the Coles County Company in Kentucky. What disease did he fear he contracted during this time?
A. typhoid fever
6. Which woman has been rumored to be Abe Lincoln's first and only true love?
A. Mary Stewart
B. Jane Harding
C. Helen Maxwell
D. Ann Rutledge
7. In 1833 Lincoln was appointed Postmaster at New Salem by which US President?
A. Andrew Jackson
B. James Polk
C. James Monroe
D. John Quincy Adams
8. Which contemporary of Abraham Lincoln's almost proposed marriage to Lincoln's future wife, Mary Todd?
A. Henry Clay
B. James Polk
C. Zachary Taylor
D. Stephen Douglas
9. Which description best describes the marriage between Abraham Lincoln and Mary Todd?
A. One of love and devotion
B. A marriage of equals
C. Domestic hell on earth
D. A marriage made in heaven
10. Which of Abraham Lincoln's sons was the only one to survive into adulthood?
Pine River Consulting 2022