for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Albert Camus - Individualistic French Writer
A quiz on one of the most enigmatic of French writers.
December 24, 2012
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In which French colony was Albert Camus born in November, 1913?
B. New Caledonia
D. Seychelle Islands
2. What political party did Albert Camus join in 1935?
A. French Democrats
B. Socialist Party
C. French Nationals
D. Communist Party
3. What role did Albert Camus perform for France during World War II?
A. He was a member of the Resistance.
B. He wrote a number of satirical anti-Nazi books.
C. He joined Charles de Gaulle and the Free French force in London.
D. He saw active service in 1940 but was caught and imprisoned for the remainder of the war.
4. Which of the following books was not written by Camus?
A. The Fall
B. The Judgment
C. The Stranger
D. The Plague
5. What literary award did Albert Camus win in 1957?
A. Franz Kafka Prize
B. Pulitzer Prize
C. Nobel Prize for Literature
D. Man Booker International
6. What activity did Camus pursue that he regarded more important than his writing?
7. What physical ailment plagued Camus for most of his life?
8. With which notable French writer did Albert Camus have a celebrated disagreement which ended their friendship?
A. Simone de Beauvoir
B. Michel Foucault
C. Antoine Blondin
D. Jean-Paul Sartre
9. What style of writing best describes the writing of Albert Camus?
10. Albert Camus died at the relatively young age of 46 from what cause?
A. lung cancer
D. car crash
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by