for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Adlai Stevenson II
A quiz on the man whose wit and intellect were legendary. In one often-quoted story, a supporter shouted, "Governor Stevenson, you have the vote of all the thinking people," to which he replied, "That's not enough, madam. I need a majority!"
July 22, 2012
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Adlai E Stevenson II
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Adlai E. Stevenson II)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Adlai Stevenson was born in California in 1900 but grew up in which US state?
2. Which two Ivy League colleges did Adlai Stevenson attend?
A. Princeton and Harvard
B. Columbia and Yale
C. Cornell and Brown
D. Harvard and University of Pennsylvania
3. What notable event in US history provided Adlai Stevenson with an important employment opportunity?
A. Great Depression
C. Valentine's Day Massacre
D. Bombing of Pearl Harbor
4. What government position did Adlai Stevenson attain in 1948?
A. Election to the Senate
B. Election to the House of Representatives
C. Supreme Court Judge
D. State Governor
5. Adlai Stevenson ran twice for the Presidency of the USA in what years?
A. 1948 & 1952
B. 1952 & 1960
C. 1952 & 1956
D. 1956 & 1960
6. What deprecating term was used against Stevenson by his opponents and also in a jocular manner by Stevenson?
7. What religion was Adlai Stevenson?
B. Seventh Day Adventist
8. Stevenson was renowned for his ideas. Which of the following political quotes was not made by Adlai Stevenson?
A. Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.
B. Let us talk sense to the American people. Let us tell them the truth, that there are no gains without pains.
C. Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.
D. In America any boy may become President, and I suppose it's just one of the risks he takes.
9. To what government position did President John Kennedy appoint Adlai Stevenson?
A. Secretary of State
B. Ambassador to Great Britain
C. Ambassador to the United Nations
D. Judge of the Supreme Court
10. In what European city did Adlai Stevenson die of a heart attack in 1965?
Conditions of Use