for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Planet of the Apes: The Original Film
Some fun trivia about a classic science fiction movie.
May 01, 2012
Sci Fi Movies
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: www.myfreewallpapers.net)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. The film was centered around an astronaut named George Taylor. Who played this lead role?
A. James Caan
B. Rod Taylor
C. Charlton Heston
D. Robert Culp
2. The Planet of the Apes was a ground-breaking sci-fi film, which started an enduring franchise. In what year was it released?
3. Roddy McDowall played a chimpanzee archaeologist who initially distrusts Taylor, but ends up helping him. What was his character's name?
4. Kim Hunter played his wife, a chimpanzee psychologist and also a benefactor to Taylor. What was her character known as?
5. Maurice Evans played Dr. Zaius, an orangutan administrator who wants to keep Taylor quiet about his past. He also had a recurring role on which popular tv series as a father in-law with unusual powers?
B. I Dream of Jeannie
C. My Favorite Martian
D. The Addams Family
6. Approximately how many years in the future does the story take place?
7. The original script was penned by this well known writer and host of such great programs as The Twilight Zone and Night Gallery.
A. Rod Taylor
B. Rod Serling
C. Garry Marshall
D. Tony Marshall
8. How many original Planet of the Apes movies were made?
9. What did Taylor see in the final scene of the film which made him realize he had actually been on Earth during his entire ordeal?
A. Washington Monument
B. Great Pyramid
C. Statue of Liberty
D. Eiffel Tower
10. Later in the film series, it was revealed that something caused the chain of events that led to eventual ape rule on Earth. What was it?
A. A genetic experiment on monkeys backfired
B. Radiation caused chimps to start talking
C. A disease eradicated all dogs and cats
D. A disease rendered most of humanity impotent
Conditions of Use