for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Gold Quiz
This substance has inspired people to search for it, possess it, worship it, even eat it. How much do you know about gold trivia and its history?
April 28, 2012
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What US state is known as The Golden State?
A. New York
2. What atomic number does gold have on the periodic table?
3. Which mythical figure was required to fetch the Golden Fleece?
4. What is Dutch gold?
A. Edam cheese
C. Fool's gold
D. An alloy of copper and zinc
5. Gold is the most malleable of metals. What is the maximum area a beaten ounce of gold is said to cover?
A. 300 square metres
B. 500 square metres
C. 600 square metres
D. 700 square metres
6. From which Shakespeare play does the line "All that glistens is not gold" come?
C. King Lear
D. Merchant of Venice
7. What does someone do if they are said to worship the golden calf?
A. Follow Satan
B. Seek money at the loss of their principles
C. Eat Wagyu beef
D. Believe in animism
8. Which mythical figure was given the power to turn to gold anything he touched?
9. On which continent was the search for El Dorado (The Golden One) conducted?
A. North America
D. South America
10. Which country has been responsible for the greatest production of gold?
C. South Africa
Conditions of Use