for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Famous Dogs of History - Part II
A tough quiz on some of the less well-known canines from the past. We've got trivia about some famous dogs in history, both fictional and real!
April 11, 2012
Animals & Animal Study
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Famous Dogs)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What was the name of Isaac Newton's dog which accidentally destroyed a large amount of his master's work?
2. What is the name of the three-headed dog that guards the gates to Hades?
3. What was Elizabeth Barrett Browning's dog called?
4. What was the name of Charles Lamb's beloved pooch?
5. Alexander Pope had a dog known by what name?
6. The puppet, Punch was followed by a dog with what name?
7. What was the name of Orion's dog which helped him hunt bears?
8. What was the name of Walter Scott's favourite black greyhound?
9. What was the name of the St Bernard that reportedly rescued 41 people in Switzerland in the early 19th century?
10. What was the name of Empress Josephine's pug?
Conditions of Use