for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Cincinnatus - Model Citizen-Servant
A quiz on life and career of Lucius Quintius Cincinnatus (519 BC to 430 BC) - a believer in the Republic and the power of the people.
April 08, 2012
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Cincinnatus Public Domain Image)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In 460 BC Cincinnatus resigned from what prestigious position in Roman society?
2. Why did Cincinnatus have to sell his lands and subsist as a small-holding farmer?
A. He earned the displeasure of the chief censor for advocating marriage between plebians and patricians
B. He spoke against Verginius and his hopes to become emperor.
C. His son, Caeso was charged with murder.
D. He had invested his fortune on an early pyramid selling scheme.
3. In 460 BC which tribe had surrounded the Roman army, forcing the rulers of Rome to ask Cincinnatus to leave his farm and become dictator to save Rome?
4. Who was the leader of the Roman army, saved by Cincinnatus?
5. Following his saving of Rome, how long did Cincinnatus stay as dictator?
A. one day
B. sixteen days
C. ten years
D. twenty years
6. How many times was Cincinnatus made dictator of Rome?
D. five times
7. What was the name of the wife of Cincinnatus?
8. The famous statue of Cincinnatus in Cincinnati, Ohio shows him handing back what symbol of power?
9. Which Roman was said to be guided by the principles of Cincinnatus?
A. Augustus Caesar
B. Julius Caesar
C. Marcus Brutus
D. Marc Antony
10. Which military leader's actions were reputed to be a parallel of those of Cincinnatus?
A. Douglas Macarthur
B. George S Patton
C. Duke of Wellington
D. George Washington
Pine River Consulting 2022