for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - The Assassination of James Garfield
What do you know about the facts surrounding the assassination of President James Garfield?
March 12, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. James Garfield was elected US president in 1880. In what year was he assassinated?
2. Where was President Garfield when he was shot?
B. train station
C. giving a speech
D. vacation home
3. About how long did President Garfield live after the initial shooting?
A. less than one week
B. more than one week
C. more than two weeks
D. more than two months
4. During his time of convalescing, it was thought that President Garfield would be more comfortable away from the heat of Washington DC. To what state was he moved?
A. New Hampshire
C. New Jersey
5. Charles Guiteau was tried and hanged for the shooting death of President Garfield. What reason did Guiteau give as his motivation for shooting Garfield?
A. he was a Stalwart, a Republican faction loyal to ex-President Grant
B. he said that voices told him to do it
C. he felt Garfield had stolen the presidency
D. he disagreed with Garfield's foreign policies
6. Who was with President Garfield at the time of him being shot?
A. his wife, Lucretia Garfield
B. Attorney General Wayne MacVeagh
C. Secretary of the Navy William H. Hunt
D. Secretary of State James Blaine
7. Where was President Garfield headed when he was shot?
A. summer vacation
B. fireworks display
C. meeting with VP Chester Arthur
D. to a cabinet meeting
8. Who captured Charles Guiteau as he tried to escape after shooting President Garfield?
A. police officer
B. good samaritan citizens
C. military enlisted men
D. Secret Service agents
9. Where was President Garfield laid to rest?
A. Arlington National Cemetery, VA
B. Congressional Cemetery in Washington DC
C. Lake View Cemetery in Cleveland, Ohio
D. New York City Marble Cemetery
10. What was the official cause of President Garfield's death?
A. blood poisoning
B. heart attack
C. bronchial pneumonia
D. all of the above
Pine River Consulting 2022