for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - A to Z Vocabulary (V Words)
Find the definitions for these words that start with the letter "V" by taking this vocabulary quiz.
February 17, 2011
Grammar & Vocabulary
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: lettercult.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What is the meaning of the word vacillate?
A. to coat with petroleum jelly
B. to confirm
C. to innoculate
D. to waver
2. What is the meaning of the word vociferous?
A. empty and void
C. loud and vocal
D. verbally abusive
3. What is the meaning of the word vitriotic?
D. devoted to a foreign country
4. What is the meaning of the word venal?
D. willing to do wrong for money
5. What is the meaning of the word viscous?
C. thick, syrupy, and sticky
6. What is the meaning of the word vapid?
7. What is the meaning of the word vituperate?
A. to make amends
B. to recover
C. to replace
D. to insult
8. What is the meaning of the word veracity?
C. having a great appetite
9. What is the meaning of the word vitiate?
A. a beginner
B. to instigate
C. to reduce in value or effectiveness
D. to retaliate
10. What is the meaning of the word voluble?
A. easily refuted
C. easily dissolved
Conditions of Use