for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - A to Z Vocabulary (S Words)
Find the definitions for these words that start with the letter "S" by taking this vocabulary quiz.
February 08, 2011
Grammar & Vocabulary
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: etc.usf.edu)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What is the meaning of the word somnambulism?
A. a plot or scheme
B. a procession
D. warm praise
2. What is the meaning of the word sapient?
A. a man
3. What is the meaning of the word sobriquet?
A. an evening party
B. a floral gift from one who has given up drinking
C. a nickname
D. one who loves luxury
4. What is the meaning of the word soporific?
B. sleepy or tending to cause sleep
D. very absorbant
5. What is the meaning of the word solecism?
A. a belief that self is the only reality
B. a clever remark
C. a grammatical mistake
6. What is the meaning of the word salacious?
7. What is the meaning of the word scurrilous?
B. full of shame
C. inability to scurry
8. What is the meaning of the word stentorian?
A. extremely loud
B. one who is over 100 years old
C. one who studies the past
9. What is the meaning of the word sycophant?
B. huge creature
C. one who has lost contact with reality
D. an insane pachyderm
10. What is the meaning of the word syncopation?
B. a digestive condition for which Milk of Amnesia is taken
C. professional dishwashing
D. temporary irregularity in musical rhythm
Conditions of Use