for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - A to Z Vocabulary (R Words)
Find the definitions for these words that begin with the letter "R" by taking this vocabulary quiz.
February 06, 2011
Grammar & Vocabulary
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: widowsphere.blogspot.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What is the meaning of the word recalcitrant?
C. resisting authority
2. What is the meaning of the word raillery?
A. angry criticism
B. bitter hatred
C. lighthearted jesting
D. of or related to railroads
3. What is the meaning of the word ribald?
B. humorous in a vulgar way
C. likely to collapse
4. What is the meaning of the word rococo?
A. deeply absorbed
C. an island in the Bahamas
D. very highly ornamented
5. What is the meaning of the word renascent?
6. What is the meaning of the word ravenous?
C. extremely hungry
7. What is the meaning of the word recreant?
8. What is the meaning of the word reticent?
9. What is the meaning of the word rapacious?
10. What is the meaning of the word riposte?
A. logical reasoning
B. a meal
D. a retort
Conditions of Use