for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Malcolm Fraser: 22nd Australian Prime Mnister
The Prime Minister who provoked a constitutional crisis on his rise to to power.
December 28, 2010
Australian Prime Ministers
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Malcolm Fraser @ primeministers.naa.gov.au)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. (John) Malcolm Fraser was born 1930 into a wealthy family that specialized in:
A. Media ownership
2. Elected to federal parliament in 1955, Fraser resigned his defence ministry from which Prime Minister's cabinet in 1971?
A. William McMahon
B. John Gorton
C. John McEwan
D. Harold Holt
3. Fraser overthrew which opposition leader to take his job in 1975?
A. Phillip Lynch
B. John Howard
C. Alexander Downer
D. Billy Snedden
4. What course of action did Fraser and the coalition follow to provoke the constitutional crisis?
A. Refusal to attend sittings of parliament in protest at the Whitlam government
B. Refusal to pass the Supply Bill
C. Appeal to the High Court over the legitimacy of the Loans Affair
D. Appeal to Queen Elizabeth to dissolve parliament due to the government's incompetence
5. Which of the following policies was not one of the Fraser government?
A. Family allowances paid directly to the mother of the family
B. End of mining of mineral sands on Fraser Island
C. Introduction of a bill to permanently guarantee supply
D. Creation of the Department of Finance to dilute the power of the Treasury
6. How many elections did Fraser win?
7. Fraser had a number of ministers he had to sack for a variety of reasons. Which of the following was not sacked by Fraser?
A. Phillip Lynch
B. Reg Withers
C. Michael MacKellar
D. John Moore
8. Fraser promoted Australia's role in international affairs. Which of the following was not a Fraser initiative?
A. Support for the ASEAN opposition to Vietnam's invasion of Cambodia
B. Promotion of independence for Zimbabwe
C. Non-acceptance of Vietnamese boat people
D. Support for an Australian boycott of the Moscow Olympics
9. In 1982 Fraser was challenged by which ambitious minister for the prime ministership?
A. John Howard
B. Andrew Peacock
C. Phillip Lynch
D. Alexander Downer
10. Following his defeat in 1983, Fraser became active in international issues. Which of the following did not involve him?
A. Presidency of Care International
B. Chairmanship of the UN Expert Group on African Commodity issues
C. Membership of the Commonwealth Eminent Persons Group on South Africa
D. UN advisor on the collapse of the Soviet Bloc nations
Pine River Consulting 2022