for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Plumbing Terms
Think you know plumbing? Take a "plumbers crack" at these tough ones.
November 10, 2010
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Plumber's Crack - Yikes!)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. A fixed bowl or basin with running water and drainage for washing. Also reffered to as a restroom or a bathroom.
2. A connection made with compression fittings.
B. Slip Joint
C. Sisson Joint
D. Kafer Fitting
3. A rigid white or cream-colored plastic pipe used in non-pressure systems, such as drainage, waste, and vent systems.
4. Slang for pipe-joint compound. Substance applied to threaded fittings to create a watertight seal.
A. Plumb Dough
B. Teflon Tape
C. Gasket Grease
D. Pipe Dope
5. Waste water from sinks, showers, and bathtubs, but not toilets.
C. Gray Water
6. A covered ditch containing a layer of fitted or loose stone or other pervious material.
A. French Drain
B. Septic Tank
C. Leach Field
D. Catch Basin
7. A flexible rod with a curved end used to access the toilet's built-in trap and remove clogs.
A. Saddle Valve
C. Plumbing Tree
D. Closet Auger
8. Loosely woven hemp rope that has been treated with oil or other waterproofing agent; it's used to caulk joints in a bell and spigot pipe and fittings.
9. Unit of heat energy required to raise the temperature of 1 lb. of water 1 degree Fahrenheit.
C. Static Pressure
10. Tube inside the water heater that sends cold water to the bottom of the tank.
A. Discharge Tube
B. Stand Pipe
C. Dip Tube
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by