for extra features!
Science & Nature
TV, Radio & Stage
Question by Question
Trivia Quiz - The First Fleet: First Europeans in Australia
The story of the desperate group of convicts, soldiers and settlers who began white settlement in Australia. This is a quiz about the history and facts of the First Fleet.
September 03, 2010
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: First Fleet @ horshamps.vic.edu.au)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What historical event caused overcrowding in English prisons in the 18th Century?
A. American War of Independence
B. French Revolution
C. Indian Mutiny
D. Scottish rebellion
2. What was the average sentence for most of the convicts?
A. 7 years
B. 14 years
C. 20 years
3. Who was in charge of the First Fleet and later the first Governor of New South Wales?
A. Lachlan Macquarie
B. William Bligh
C. John Hunter
D. Arthur Phillip
4. How many ships comprised the First Fleet?
5. Approximately how long did the voyage take from England to Australia?
A. 5 months
B. 8 months
C. 1 year
D. 2 years
6. Approximately how many convicts were transported?
7. The fleet's first port of call on the journey was?
A. Cape Verde
C. Rio De Janeiro
D. Cape Town
8. The fleet's first Australian landfall was?
A. Van Dieman's Land
B. Port Otway
C. Botany Bay
D. Port Jackson
9. Which nation's ships did the First Fleet encounter in Australia in January, 1788?
10. Where did the First Fleet eventually begin its settlement?
A. Botany Bay
B. Sydney Cove
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by