for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Blue Cheer and Dickie Peterson
Bass player and founding member of the hard rock band Blue Cheer died October 12, 2009. They were the leading pioneers of the Heavy Metal movement back in the late 60's.
October 19, 2009
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: clips.fm)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Blue Cheer was named after what substance?
A. Fast cleaning laundry detergent
B. Blue Meanies from Beatles Yellow Submarine
C. Waves of the Pacific Ocean
D. A potent strain of LSD
2. Blue Cheer did a cover song that charted at number 11 on Billboard in 1968. What song was it?
A. Light My Fire
B. Canâ€™t Explain
C. Summer Time Blues
D. Rock & Roll part II
3. What bass player mentioned Blue Cheer at his band's induction to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame as his inspiration for learning to play bass guitar?
A. Adam Clayton of U2
B. Michael Anthony of Van Halen
C. Leon Wilkeson of Lynyrd Skynyrd
D. Craig MacGregor of Foghat
4. What rock singer was quoted as calling Blue Cheer, â€œThe single most powerful band I've ever seen."
A. Mick Jagger
B. David Bowie
C. Bob Seger
D. Jim Morrison
5. The Guiness Book of World Records created a new category in their record books just for Blue Cheer. What was the category and title?
A. Most illegal drugs consumed at one time
B. Largest grossing debut album by a rock band
C. Loudest band in the world
D. Most amplifiers used at a musical event
6. Blue Cheer was founded in what California City?
A. Los Angeles
B. San Francisco
D. Santa Rosa
7. What rock and roll band eclipsed Blue Cheer as loudest band in the world?
A. Rolling Stones
B. Grand Funk Railroad
C. Greatful Dead
D. Deep Purple
8. Blue Cheers debut album "Vincebus Eruptum" had raised embossed letters on the front cover and was considered unusual at the time. Why did they add the embossed raised letters?
A. The Hellâ€™s Angels told them to do it
B. It was a misprint and error at the Phillips Recording printing press
C. A friend of the band was blind. The raised letters gave it a Braille feeling so they could appreciate the cover art work.
D. Andy Warhol said it would look great
9. Blue Cheer bass player Dickie Peterson died October 12, 2009 from complications due to what?
A. Liver cancer
B. Drug abuse
C. Alcohol abuse
D. Motorcycle accident
10. What renowned LSD chemist wrote the liner notes on Blue Cheer's first album?
A. Timothy Leary
B. Owsley Stanley
C. Albert Hoffman
D. James Kent
Pine River Consulting 2022