for extra features!
PeopleQuiz is people trivia! Pick your favorite category and play our
Ten-Question Trivia Quizzes,
Browse our site and learn more about people trivia!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Celebrity Quiz List
Trivia Quiz - The Melbourne Cup
A quiz about the most famous horse race in Australia. The race that stops a nation!
September 12, 2009
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: The Age)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In what years did Rain Lover win twice in succession?
A. 1966, 1967
B. 1967, 1968
C. 1968, 1969
D. 1970, 1971
2. In 1997, which horse led from start to finish?
C. Vintage Crop
D. Might and Power
3. What year did Phar Lap win The Melbourne Cup?
4. Which of these "famous lovers" won the cup in 1873?
B. Cyrano De Bergerac
C. Don Juan
5. Which of these great gallopers did not win The Melbourne Cup?
B. Hi Jinx
C. Comic Court
6. Makybe Diva won three years in succession. What was the first year she won?
7. Which brand of curry won the Cup in 1999?
B. Rogan Josh
C. Tandoori Taj
D. Clive of India
8. Which of these horses did not win the Cup twice?
A. Peter Pan
C. Think Big
9. In 1946, the winner of The Melbourne Cup bore the name of which country?
B. Great Britain
D. New Zealand
10. What horse won the first two Melbourne Cups that took place in 1861 and 1862?
A. Tory Boy
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by