for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Ronald Reagan: 40th U.S. President
This quiz is about Ronald Reagan, 40th U.S. President.
September 06, 2009
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Ronald Reagan @ Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What Democratic candidate did Ronald Reagan defeat in the 1980 presidential election?
A. Senator Ted Kennedy of Massachusetts
B. President Jimmy Carter
C. Vice President Walter Mondale
D. Governor Jerry Brown of California
2. What dramatic event occured as Reagan was giving his inaugural address in 1981?
A. an unforecasted thunderstorm rolled in to the Washington DC area
B. Reagan was shot by a would-be assassin
C. 52 U.S. hostages held by Iran were released
D. U.S. bombing of Libya
3. In March 1981, Reagan was shot by a would-be assassin. What injury did he sustain?
A. superficial stomach wound
B. fractured arm
C. fractured hip
D. collapsed lung
4. What did President Reagan describe as the "greatest disappointment" of his presidency?
A. the national debt increasing from $700 billion to $3 trillion
B. his slow response to the AIDS epidemic
C. the disintegration of the Space Shuttle Challenger upon liftoff in 1987
D. the Iran-Contra affair
5. Declaring the situation an emergency, Reagan fired 11,345 workers on August 5, 1981. In what industry were these workers employed?
A. school teachers
B. police officers
C. fire fighters
D. air traffic controllers
6. What Democratic candidate did Ronald Reagan defeat in a landslide in the 1984 presidential election?
A. former Vice President Walter Mondale
B. former President Jimmy Carter
C. Senator John Glenn of Ohio
D. Senator Gary Hart of Colorado
7. To investigate the Iran-Contra affair, Reagan appointed a commission of three members of Congress: John Tower, Brent Scowcroft and Edmund Muskie. What was the commission called?
A. Iran-Contra Commission
B. Tower Commission
C. Contra Funding Commission
D. Nicaragua Commission
8. To whom was President Reagan speaking when he sternly commanded, "tear down this wall!"
A. West German Chancellor Helmut Kohl
B. East German President Erich Honecker
C. Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi
D. Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev
9. What Consitutional Amendment was President Reagan in favor of repealing?
A. 26th Amendment (standardizes the voting age to 18)
B. 23rd Amendment (permits the District of Columbia to choose electors for President and Vice President)
C. 27th Amendent (pertains to the salary of members of Congress)
D. 22nd Amendment (term limits on presidents)
10. Where is the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library located?
A. Simi Valley, California
B. Dixon, Illinois
C. New York City
D. San Diego, California
Conditions of Use