for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Marty Robbins: Country Music Legend
Marty Robbins was one of my all time favorite performers and I found out he had an amazing career and life when I researched this quiz. Marty Robbins trivia!
January 09, 2009
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Marty Robbins @ Find a Grave)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. How far did Marty Robbins walk to town to see movies on Saturdays when he was a boy?
A. 6 blocks
B. 1 mile
C. 8 miles
D. next door to his home.
2. At the age of 17 what branch of the military did Marty Robbins join?
D. Air Force
3. Marty Robbins's first job in radio was in what city?
A. Mesa, Arizona
B. Wheeling , WV
C. Denver , Colorado
D. El Paso , Texas
4. How many times was Marty Robbins married?
5. In what unique place did Marty Robbins once receive a parking ticket?
A. left field at Three Rivers Stadium
B. the stage of the Grand Ol' Opry
C. Johnny Cash's back yard
D. The backstretch at Churchill Downs Race Track
6. Why was Marty given the 11:30 to midnight slot on the Grand Ole Opry?
A. because he thought he sang best at that time
B. because his pet cat wouldnt let him out of the house until then
C. that is when his shift at the hospital ended
D. to enable him to participate in auto races at the Nashville Speedway
7. What instrument was Marty Robbins's band the first band to be allowed to use on the Opry?
A. electric guitar
B. steel guitar
8. What was Marty Robbins the first person in medical history ever to do?
A. have triple bypass open heart surgery
B. survive rabies
C. walk on two broken legs
D. have a liver transplant
9. What award was Marty Robbins the first country performer to win?
A. Television Emmy
B. Tony Award
C. Grammy Award
D. Kennedy Center Honors
10. Marty Robbins was the first Nashville Artist to appear in what famous place?
A. Radio City Music Hall
B. A command performance for Queen Elizabeth In Royal Albert Hall
C. The Hollywood Bowl
D. Las Vegas
Conditions of Use