for extra features!
Science & Nature
TV, Radio & Stage
Question by Question
Trivia Quiz - Cars of the 1960s: Part I
How much do you know about American automobiles of the 1960s? We've got 1960s car trivia and facts!
December 23, 2008
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Corvair Corsa)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What car company went out of business in November 1961?
2. What company produced a turbine car in 1963 that could run on diesel fuel, jet fuel, gasoline, or even salad oil?
D. General Motors
3. What were the only two cars during the 1960s produced with "suicide" doors?
A. Ford Thunderbird & Lincoln Continental
B. Lincoln Continental & Chrysler Imperial
C. Ford Thunderbird & Chrysler Imperial
D. Cadillac Fleetwood & Ford Thunderbird
4. Buick created the "personal luxury" car class in 1963 with the introduction of what model?
C. Special Deluxe
5. To compete with the Ford Mustang, Plymouth took a 1964 Valiant body and added a glass fastback rear window. What did they call this car?
6. What now defunct company produced a car called the Superba in 1960 and added another model called the Marathon in 1962?
B. American Motors
7. What radically styled sports coupe, introduced in 1963, represented Studebaker Corporation's last ditch effort to build cars in the U.S.?
A. GT Hawk
8. In what model year did Oldsmobile introduce the Toronado?
9. This car, considered by many to be one of the most hideously overstyled cars of the 1960s, was produced by American Motors from 1965-1967.
10. What company built full size cars in the 60s that featured reverse slanted rear windows called breezeways that could be rolled down?
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by