for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Alvin C. York: American Hero
What do you know about this American hero?
April 06, 2008
World War I
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Alvin C York
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: )
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What was Alvin's middle name?
2. In what war did Alvin serve in the military?
C. Spanish American
3. What caused Alvin to give up drinking and fighting and become a Christian?
A. He was struck by lightning
B. The death of a friend in a drunken bar fight
C. He was drafted
D. His mother asked him to
4. Where was Alvin from?
A. Pikeville , KY
B. Matewan , WV
C. Pall Mall, TN
D. Eden , NC
5. What rank did he attain during his war service?
6. How old was Alvin when he received his draft notice?
7. For what did Alvin receive his medal of honor?
A. leading an attack on a German machine gun nest during the Meuse-Argonne Offensive in France
B. saving Harry Truman's life
C. surviving after being shot 7 times
D. creating a better rifle for use in battle
8. After his military service, what kind of school did Alvin open?
A. military School
B. a private agricultural school
C. a mechanic school
D. a school for deaf and blind children
9. In what branch of the military did Alvin serve?
10. Alvin had 10 children. After whom did he name them?
A. American entertainers
B. famous American historical figures
C. men he served in the war with
D. preachers he had known
Pine River Consulting 2022