for extra features!
PeopleQuiz is people trivia! Pick your favorite category and play our
Ten-Question Trivia Quizzes,
Browse our site and learn more about people trivia!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Daylight Saving Time
Some questions about how and why Daylight Saving Time got started and some changes over the years. How much do you know about daylight savings time trivia?
March 07, 2008
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Daylight Saving Time @ ejabs)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Who conceived the idea of Daylight Saving Time?
A. George W. Bush
B. Grandma Moses
C. Tiny Tim
D. Benjamin Franklin
2. In the US, Daylight Savings Time starts in what month? In other words, in what month do we "spring" forward?
3. As of 2103, there are only two states that do not observe Daylight Saving Time. Which ones are they?
A. Illinois & Indiana
B. Arizona & Hawaii
C. Louisiana & Texas
D. Puerto Rico & Guam
4. In some parts of the world, Daylight Saving Time is known by what other name?
A. Greenwich Mean Time
B. Daytime Savings Period
C. Summer Time Period
D. Daylight Extension Period
5. What is the biggest reason that we observe Daylight Saving Time?
A. because other leading countries do
B. deters crime
C. saves energy
D. it's fun
6. In the US, Daylight Savings Time ends in what month? In other words, in what month do we "fall" back?
7. According to federal law, which states must observe Daylight Saving Time
B. all southern states
C. all northern states
D. all states above the Mason-Dixon Line
8. Which President signed Public Law 99-359 that changed the beginning of Daylight Saving Time to the first Sunday in April? Hint: it happened in the 1980s.
A. Dwight D. Eisenhower
B. Gerald R. Ford
C. Richard Nixon
D. Ronald Reagan
9. What US president signed a law, passed by Congress, that changed the beginning of Daylight Saving Time to the second Sunday in March and ending in the first Sunday in November? Hint: It happened in the 2000s.
A. George W. Bush
B. Bill Clinton
C. Ronald Reagan
D. Jimmy Carter
10. What phrase helps people remember how the time change affects their clocks?
A. "spring ahead, fall backwards"
B. "spring up, fall down"
C. "spring forward, fall back"
D. "march ahead, fall back"
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by