for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Chocolate: Perfect Valentine's Present
Facts about chocolate we never think about when we're shoving it in our faces! We have the trivia and history of chocolate!
February 08, 2008
Science & Nature
Food & Drink
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Chocolate Bars)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. The seeds from what tree make chocolate?
A. cocoa tree
B. coco tree
C. cacao tree
D. choco tree
2. In the Aztec language, what does the word "chocolate" mean?
A. bitter sweet
B. brown water
C. sweet water
D. bitter water
3. The Aztecs associated chocolate with the goddess of what?
4. When the Aztecs used chocolate as currency, a turkey cost how many beans?
5. Roughly two-thirds of the world's cocoa is produced where?
B. South America
D. Western Africa
6. How many main varieties of cacao beans are there?
7. What ingredient in chocolate was found to be more effective than codeine for coughs?
A. gallic acid
C. stearic acid
D. oleic acid
8. There is a myth that identifies chocolate as what?
A. a cosmetic product for acne
B. a sleep aid
C. an aphrodisiac
D. a depression aid
9. If horses, dogs, cats, parrots or small rodents are fed chocolate, it can remain in their bloodstream for up to how many hours?
10. A recent publication found significant amounts of what substance in chocolate?
Pine River Consulting 2022