for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Academy Awards Basics
All about the Oscars! Academy Award trivia about the actors, actresses and movies.
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Oscar Trophy @ Tim Burton Collective)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. The first actor/actress to win four Academy Awards was:
A. Katharine Hepburn
B. Ingrid Bergman
C. Tom Hanks
D. Bette Davis
2. Which of the following actors/actresses did not win an Oscar in consecutive years?
A. Tom Hanks
B. Jack Lemmon
C. Jason Robards
D. Spencer Tracy
3. For which of the following films did Jack Nicholson not win an Oscar?
A. "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" (1975)
B. "The Shining" (1980)
C. "Terms of Endearment" (1983)
D. "As Good As It Gets" (1997)
4. Which of the following actors/actresses was the first to be nominated for an Oscar (any type) 13 times?
A. Meryl Streep
B. Katharine Hepburn
C. Jack Nicholson
D. Laurence Olivier
5. Three films have won an amazing 11 Academy Awards. Which of the following is not one of them?
A. "Titanic" (1997)
B. "Gandhi" (1982)
C. "Ben-Hur" (1959)
D. "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" (2003)
6. The first director ever to win four Academy Awards was:
A. Oliver Stone
B. John Ford
C. Frank Capra
D. Steven Spielberg
7. Which of the following actors/actresses is not a three-time Academy Award winner?
A. Ingrid Bergman
B. Walter Brennan
C. Jack Nicholson
D. Helen Hayes
8. A number of actors have won an Oscar for their portrayal of an alcoholic. Which of the following did not?
A. Lee Marvin in "Cat Ballou" (1965)
B. Nicholas Cage in "Leaving Las Vegas" (1995)
C. Cliff Robertson in "Charly" (1968)
D. James Colburn in "Affliction" (1998)
9. For which of the following films did Ingrid Bergman not win an Oscar?
A. "For Whom the Bell Tolls" (1943)
B. "Gaslight" (1944)
C. "Anastasia" (1956)
D. "Murder on the Orient Express" (1974)
10. All four of these actors were nominated for an Oscar posthumously. Which was the only one to win the award?
A. James Dean
B. Spencer Tracy
C. Peter Finch
D. Ralph Richardson
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by