for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Battle of the Bulge
The Battle of the Bulge was an attempt by Germany to make the Allies sue for peace, thus allowing Germany to concentrate on its battle with Russia. Test your knowledge of this epic battle.
January 26, 2020
World War II
Taken by Registered Users:
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In what year did the Battle of the Bulge commence?
2. In what region of Europe did the Battle of the Bulge take place?
A. Baltic states
3. Who was the architect of the German offensive in the Battle of the Bulge?
A. Adolf Hitler
B. Herman Goering
C. Erwin Rommel
D. Walter Model
4. The German plan was to smash Allied lines and take what supply port to force a surrender?
5. What were the two factors the German command hoped would work in its favor in the Battle of the Bulge?
A. refreshed troops and V2 rockets
B. inexperienced US troops and the absence of General Patton
C. bad weather and the element of surprise
D. local knowledge of the terrain and Luftwaffe superiority
6. Which action stopped the most effective and quickest units of the German Army during the Battle of the Bulge?
A. Elsenborn Ridge
C. Losheim Gap
7. What was the name of the in incident where at least 84 American POWs were shot during the Battle of the Bulge?
A. Meuse River Massacre
B. Malmedy Massacre
C. Baugnez Atrocity
D. Stoumont Slaughter
8. What was the name of the German initiative led by Otto Skorzeny that had English-speaking Germans dressed as GIs behind enemy lines?
A. Operation Deceive
B. Operation Petticoat
C. Operation Griffen
D. Operation Eisenhower
9. Who was the American General when asked to surrender at the siege of Bastogne replied, "Nuts"?
A. William Hood Simpson
B. Alexander Patch
C. Courtney Hodges
D. Anthony McAuliffe
10. Which of the following is not true of the Battle of the Bulge
A. It had the highest number of US casualties in any battle of World War II.
B. Eisenhower's belief in a broad defensive line led to the weakness attacked by the Germans.
C. The battle gave Germany valuable time to reinforce Berlin's defences.
D. General Montgomery attempted to imply British soldiers had played a pivotal role in the battle.
Conditions of Use