for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Patricia Nixon - First Lady of the United States
Pat Nixon was the daughter of coal miner who overcame early hardship to become an influential figure in America through her marriage but also her determined and conscientious approach.
January 11, 2020
Presidential First Ladies
Taken by Registered Users:
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Pat Nixon was born on March 16, 1912 and given what first name?
2. Pat Nixon was never one to sit still and had many jobs before marrying Richard Nixon. Which of the following was not one of many she held?
A. an extra in the film industry
B. newspaper reporter
C. teacher of typing and shorthand
D. high school science teacher
3. How long did it take Richard Nixon to propose to Pat?
A. on their first date
B. after a month
C. after five years of subtle hints provided by Pat
D. she proposed to him
4. Pat Nixon's leadership as a mother was recognised by many organizations. Which of the following awards did she not receive?
A. Homemaker of the Year
B. Mother of the Year
C. Outstanding Mother Award
D. Nation's Ideal Housewife
5. Following the lead of many First Ladies, what initiative did Pat Nixon promote?
A. ant-litter campaign
C. peace corps
D. improving adult literacy rates
6. Which of the following improvements to White House protocol did Pat Nixon not introduce?
A. the U S flag flown at all times on top of the White House
B. an exterior lighting system for the White House
C. access ramps for disabled people
D. tours through the family quarters
7. As US First Lady, in what potentially dangerous activity did Pat Nixon participate?
A. ate monkey's brains on a tour of the Ivory Coast
B. part-climbed a pyramid on a tour of Egypt
C. flew in a helicopter over US troops fighting in a Vietnam jungle
D. met with Venezuelan drug lords in an attempt to end cocaine importation into the US
8. Which of the following quotes about the Watergate conspiracy was not made by Pat Nixon?
A. I know only what I read in the newspapers.
B. Dick has done so much for the country. Why is this happening?
C. You don't have Nixon to kick around anymore.
D. Watergate is the only crisis that ever got me down.
9. Pat Nixon was always careful to maintain a dignified appearance but what habit had a lifetime grip on her?
C. chewing gum
10. Which of the following "can do" quotes was not made by Pat Nixon?
A. I do or I die but I never cancel out.
B. Being First Lady is the hardest unpaid job in the world.
C. I'm a perfectionist. I won't do a thing without trying to do it well.
D. You must do the things you think you cannot do.
Conditions of Use