for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Claude Rains - Consummate Actor
He rarely achieved top star billing, but Claude Rains appeared in many movie classics. Test your knowledge of this classic character actor.
August 30, 2014
Movie Stars' Movie Characters
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Claude Rains @ Yahoo Images)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Where was William Claude Rains born in November, 1989.
A. Hartford, Connecticut
B. London, England
C. Edinburgh, Scotland
D. Ottawa, Canada
2. Claude Rains suffered what physical disability following his military service in World War I?
A. Profound hearing loss
B. An artificial foot
C. Almost blind in one eye
D. A piece of shrapnel lodged permanently in his skull
3. Claude Rains debuted in Hollywood in what film?
A. The Invisible Man
B. The Mystery of Edwin Drood
C. Stolen Holiday
D. Mr Skeffington
4. How many times was Claude Rains nominated for the Best Supporting Actor Academy Award?
5. Which of the following is not true of Claude Rains?
A. He became the first actor to be paid a million dollars for a movie.
B. He would learn the whole script, not just his lines.
C. He appeared in over 70 films.
D. He would refer to himself as a farmer.
6. Claude Rains appeared with many movie legends. With whom of the following did he not appear in a movie?
A. Cary Grant
B. Errol Flynn
C. James Stewart
D. John Wayne
7. Which of the following female stars nominated Claude Rains as her favorite co-star?
A. Ingrid Bergman
B. Bette Davis
C. Greer Garson
D. Jean Arthur
8. In which of the following films did Claude Rains not appear?
A. Lawrence of Arabia
B. The Greatest Story Ever Told
C. It's a Wonderful Life
D. Phantom of the Opera
9. Claude Rains is the only Hollywood actor to have played what two roles?
A. angel and devil
B. King of England and France
C. U S President and one who assassinated a president
D. Julius Caesar and Brutus
10. How many times was Claude Rains married?
C. four times
D. six times
Conditions of Use