for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Yuri Gagarin - First Person in Space
He went where no person had been before. Ten questions on the eventful life of the space trailblazer, Yuri Gagarin.
November 04, 2013
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Yuri Gagarin at Aerospace Web)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What branch of the Soviet Union defence forces did Yuri Gagarin join?
C. Air Force
2. Yuri Gagarin was chosen to be the first person in space because of which of the following qualities?
A. He excelled at all aptitude and performance tests.
B. He was calm and exhibited a sense of humor under stress.
C. He was of short stature.
D. All the above
3. How old was Gagarin when he journeyed into space?
4. What was the name of the craft in which Yuri Gagarin flew into space?
A. Sputnik 1
B. Vostok 1
C. Sputnik 2
D. Cosmo 1
5. In what year was Yuri Gagarin launched into space?
6. Why did Russian scientists not give Yuri Gagarin control of his rocket?
A. They feared Gagarin would black out in space.
B. He had not fully completed his training and had been rushed into space.
C. They worried about the psychological effects of space on him.
D. They were concerned he would use the flight to defect to America.
7. How did Yuri Gagarin return to Earth from space?
A. He was ejected from the rocket.
B. His craft landed in the Siberia steppe
C. The craft splashed down in the Caspian Sea.
D. His craft landed on a specially designed rubberised landing pad.
8. Who were the first people to greet Yuri Gagarin following his historic flight into space?
A. Russian Navy frogmen
B. KGB officials to interrogate him on what he saw
C. Leonid Breshnev and his wife
D. Two Russian farmers
9. How many orbits of the Earth did Gagarin make?
10. Yuri Gagarin died in 1968 from what cause?
A. Cirrhosis of the liver
B. A fire on board a rocket that failed to launch
C. Plane crash
D. Automobile accident
Pine River Consulting 2022