for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Anthony B. Herbert
Lieutenant Colonel Anthony B. Herbert (was an officer in the United States Army, who served in both the Korean War and the Vietnam War. He is the author of several books about his experiences, including "Soldier and Making of A Soldier."
September 04, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Anthony B Herbert
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Anthony Herbert Public Domain Photo)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. How many Purple Heart awards, for combat injuries, did Herbert earn in Korea?
2. What rank did Herbert acheive during the Korean War?
A. Private First Class
C. Seargeant First Class
D. Master Sergeant
3. How many Silver Star awards did Herbert earn during the Korea War?
4. Which first lady persuaded Herbert to go to college and gain an education?
A. Mamie Eisenhowser
B. Pat Nixon
C. Eleanor Roosevelt
D. Lady Bird Johnson
5. What was Herbert's first assignment in Vietnam?
A. Siagon Desk Commando
B. ARVN Colonel Liason
C. Master Sergent / 5th Special Forces Group
D. Inspector General's Office / 173d Airborne Brigade
6. Herbert was the Commanding Officer of what group in Vietnam, that had a storied past, and was well respected during his tenure. What was the unit?
A. 2nd Battalion (Airborne) / 503rd Infantry
B. 5th Special Forces Group
C. SEAL Team Six
D. Saigon Personnel Detachment
7. Herbert got into trouble with the chain of command in Vietnam. What was the issue?
A. He was caught with marijuana.
B. He reported war crimes.
C. He shot unarmed Vietnamese civilians.
D. He was caught in an homosexual liason.
8. Lt Col Herbert took a polygraph about his allegations about his Commander in Vietnam; what was the results of the lie detactor test?
A. Herbert was telling the truth.
B. Herbert was lying.
C. The polygraph machine was broken.
D. Herbert had spoofed the machine.
9. In 1973, CBS correspondent Mike Wallace and producer Barry Lando interviewed Herbert on "60 Minutes." What was the thrust of the interview?
A. CBS accused Herbert of lying and exaggeration.
B. Proved Herbert was accurate of his allegations.
C. CBS accused Herbert of libel.
D. CBS cancelled the interview at last minute, and implied Herbert was threatening Wallace.
10. Herbert's Commanding Officer in Vietnam, Lt. Col. J. Ross Franklin, had some trouble himself after the war. Of what was he convicted?
A. security scam
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by