for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - The Tragedy of Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle
In less than a year Fatty Arbuckle went from the world's highest paid movie star to unemployable, torn down by a lurid media frenzy over a tragic death.
April 03, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Roscoe C Arbuckle
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Roscoe Arbuckle @ Moving Image Collections)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. On September 5, 1921 Arbuckle was part of an impromptu hotel party where a young actress died. What was her name?
A. Virginia Rappe
B. Connie Williams
C. Delores Thompson
D. Phoebe Nightingale
2. On September 5, 1921 Arbuckle was part of an impromptu hotel party where a young actress died. How did the starlet die?
A. Alcoholic poisoning
B. Suffocation caused by inhalation of her vomit
C. Peritonitis caused by a ruptured bladder
D. Punctured lung causing internal bleeding
3. Arbuckle was charged with rape and murder. On what charge was he indicted to stand trial?
B. Rape and murder
D. Statutory rape and manslaughter
4. Much was made of the size of Arbuckle in relation to the deceased. Approximately how much did he weigh?
A. 120kg or 264 pounds
B. 130kg or 286 pounds
C. 140kg or 308 pounds
D. 150kg or 330 pounds
5. It was alleged Arbuckle used ice to sexually assault the deceased before she died. For what reason was ice applied to the deceased?
A. On her brow to reduce her temperature
B. To ease the deceased's intense thirst
C. In an attempt to stem the flow of blood
D. On her stomach to ease her pains
6. How many times was Arbuckle tried?
7. Initial evidence was given that Arbuckle had torn off the girl's clothes. How were her clothes torn?
A. Those applying aid did so to give her more air
B. The victim in a frenzy had torn at her clothes
C. Arbuckle did so to apply CPR
D. The clothes were torn into strips for makeshift bandages
8. The prosecution attempted to portray the deceased as a virginal innocent. Contrary evidence was produced to refute this. Which of the following is not true of her?
A. At 14 she gave birth to a baby boy
B. She had been married twice at 16 and 20
C. She had undergone 4 abortions
D. She had caused Mack Studios to be fumigated after introducing crab lice there
9. Arbuckle was acquitted of the charge with the jury issuing an extraordinary statement which began.....
A. We feel Mr Arbuckle was responsible for the poor girl's death........
B. Acquittal is not enough for Roscoe Arbuckle......
C. How Miss Rappe's bladder was ruptured still remains a mystery....
D. This case has provided the newspaper readers of America with a diet of scandal and unnecessary gossip....
10. Six days after his acquittal what happened to Arbuckle?
A. His took his life
B. He was shot by a vengeful acquaintance of the deceased
C. He was banned from working in movies
D. He was offered the lead in the movie version of the case
Conditions of Use