for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Benjamin Franklin: Noted American Polymath
He was instramental in defining the character of the United States. Do you remember your History Lessons on Ben Franklin?
March 20, 2007
American Founding Fathers
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: lexrex.com - about the United States Heritage)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. When was Benjamin Franklin born?
A. The early 1600's
B. The Early 1700's
C. The Late 1700's
D. The Early 1800's
2. What city was Benjamin Franklin born in?
B. New York
3. As a teenager who did Benjamin become an apprentice in the printing trade for?
A. His Father
B. His Cousin
C. His Uncle
D. His Brother
4. While working as a printers apprentice, what pen name did Benjamin use to write articles under?
A. Silence Dogood
B. Keemper Seals
C. Sotherby Langdon
D. Prentice Pepper
5. What publication is Benjamin Known to have printed?
A. The Boston Globe
B. The Philly Flyer
C. The Colonies Commentary
D. Poor Richard's Almanac
6. What did Ben invent as a result of his experiments with electricity?
A. Glass Insulators
B. The Lightning Rod
C. An early Battery Prototype
D. Rubber Boots
7. What institution is Ben Franklin known to have helped launch in America for the first time?
A. A Library
B. A School
C. A Tavern
D. A Grocery Store
8. What country did Franklin spend many years in leading up to the Revolutionary war?
9. Why did Benjamin Franklin spend several years in France after the outbreak of the revolutionary war?
A. He was soliciting support for the war
B. He fled the colonies because the british army was after him
C. His wife was ill and he was seeking doctors that could help
D. He was studying abroad as he was too old to fight in the war
10. What number president was Benjamin Franklin?
D. He was never president
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by