for extra features!
PeopleQuiz is people trivia! Pick your favorite category and play our
Ten-Question Trivia Quizzes,
Browse our site and learn more about people trivia!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Write a Quiz!
Trivia Quiz - Sports Rookies
Famous rookie sports stars
December 17, 2006
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Wayne Gretzky @ CNN)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Who was National League Baseball's Rookie of the Year in 1974?
A. Greg Gross, Houston Astros
B. Bill Madlock, Chicago Cubs
C. Bake McBride, St Louis Cardinals
D. Ron Cey, Los Angeles Dodger
2. Who was the National Football League's AP Offensive Rookie of the Year in 1976?
A. James Hunter, Detroit Lions
B. Sammy White, Minnesota Vikings
C. Mike Haynes, New England Patriots
D. There were no selections in 1976
3. Which 70's tennis star attended Stanford University and won the NCAA singles and team titles in 1978?
A. Bjorn Borg
B. John McEnroe
C. Jimmy Connors
D. Ivan Lendl
4. Who was American League Baseball's Rookie of the Year in 1976?
A. Mark "The Bird" Fidyrch, Detroit Tigers
B. Tommy Boggs, Texas Rangers
C. Alfredo Griffin, Cleveland Indians
D. Moose Haus, Milwaukee Brewers
5. Who was the National Basketball Associations 1972/73 Rookie of the Year?
A. Dave Cowens, Boston Celtics
B. John Havlicek, Boston Celtics
C. Spencer Haywood, Seattle Super Sonics
D. Bob McAdoo, Buffalo Braves
6. Who was the National Hockey League's 1980 Rookie of the Year?
A. Bobby Smith, Minnesota North Stars
B. Raymond Barouque, Boston Bruins
C. Mario Lemeux, Pittsburgh Penguins
D. Bob Probert, Detroit Redwings
7. Who was the Professional Bowling Association's 1980 Rookie of the Year?
A. Robert Smith
B. Ryan Schaffer
C. Pete Weber
D. Patrick Healy Jr
8. Who was NASCAR Rookie of the Year in 1959?
A. Shorty Rollins
B. Richard Petty
C. Dale Earnhardt
D. Donnie Alison
9. Who was the Professional Golf Association's Rookie of the Year 1993?
A. Tiger Woods
B. Nick Faldo
C. No award presented that year
D. Vijay Singh
10. Who was the American League Baseball Rookie of the Year 1974?
A. Mike Hargrove, Texas Rangers
B. Carlton Fisk, Boston Red Sox
C. Alan Trammel, Detroit Tigers
D. Al Hrobosky, St Louis Cardinals
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by