for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - J. M. Barrie - Creator of Peter Pan
J. M. Barrie wrote the magical Peter Pan but was a very complex character. Test your knowledge of the man whose famous story has entertained generations.
February 16, 2019
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Where was J.M. Barrie born on May 9, 1860?
D. Nova Scotia
2. Barrie found fame through his writing and became part of the London literary scene. Who of the following was not counted as one of his many acquaintances?
A. T. S. Eliot
B. Jerome K. Jerome
C. George Bernard Shaw
D. H. G. Wells
3. In 1894 Barrie married actress Mary Ansell but the marriage ended in divorce. Which of the following is not true of their relationship.
A. The marriage was never consummated.
B. The divorce was brought by Mary on the grounds of mental cruelty.
C. She had an affair with a man twenty years her junior.
D. Barrie provided a stipend for Mary for the rest of her life.
4. What was the name of the London family of five boys Barrie befriended and used as the inspiration for some of the characters in Peter Pan?
A. Owen Glenowen
B. Edwards Price
C. Evans Jenkins
D. Llewelyn Davies
5. James Barrie's literary fame gave him access to many famous people. Which famous Englishman asked Barrie to be the godfather of his son?
A. Robert Falcon Scott
B. Rudyard Kipling
C. Winston Churchill
D. Oscar Wilde
6. Apart from Peter Pan, Barrie wrote many other works which although good, did not gain the same public response. Which of the following was not written by him?
A. The Admirable Crichton
B. Father Brown
C. What Every Woman Knows
D. Quality Street
7. Barrie's acceptance into the upper echelons of London society continued throughout the 1920s and 30s. Which famous couple did he befriend and tell stories to their children?
A. Lawrence Olivier and Jill Esmond
B. Charlie Chaplin and Mildred Harris
C. Field Marshall Douglas and Dorothy Haig
D. The Duke and Duchess of York
8. Of the five boys of the family Barrie became closley acquainted with, how many died prematurely?
9. Which of the following characteristics of Peter Pan could not be equated with his creator?
A. Inability to love someone back
B. His desire never to be touched
C. The boy who never grew up
D. His derring-do and courageous attitude
10. Baron James Barrie died of pneumonia on June 19, 1937. To whom did he leave the very lucrative rights to Peter Pan.
A. his ex-wife, Mary
B. the boy, Peter after whom he named the story
C. a children's hospital
D. the London RSPCA
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by