for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Julius Caesar - "et tu, Brute?"
"Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!" is probably Shakespeare's most quoted line from his play, Julius Caesar. Test your knowledge of this account of treachery, intrigue and patriotism.
June 19, 2017
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. The play Julius Caesar opens with the people celebrating Caesar's victory over whom?
D. Marcus Crassus
2. After Caesar is warned by the soothsayer to beware the ides of March, Brutus is taken aside by whom to sow the first seeds of Caesar's assassination?
3. What event occurred when Casca and Cassius met to discuss their plans to kill Caesar?
A. solar eclipse
D. lunar eclipse
4. Despite Calpurnia's pleas for her husband not to attend the Capitol, which conspirator convinces Caesar to go?
B. Caius Ligarius
5. Which of the following lines was not spoken by Brutus in Julius Caesar?
A. There is a tide in the affairs of men, which, when taken at the flood lead to fortune.
B. I love the name of honour more than I fear death.
C. Not that I loved Caesar less, but that I loved Rome more.
D. Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.
6. Following Caesar's assassination, Antony was allowed to deliver an oration over Caesar's body. Which of the following is not true of his words?
A. He calls the conspirators honourable men.
B. He claims Caesar was not ambitious as "ambition should be made of sterner stuff".
C. He claims he comes to praise Caesar, not bury him.
D. He reveals Caesar's will that gives 75 drachmas to all Roman citizens.
7. The wife of Brutus, Portia kills herself in what manner?
B. swallows hot coals
C. She asks Brutus to stab her.
D. hangs herself
8. Brutus is a great believer in what?
C. the will of the people
D. the gullibility of the masses
9. Who warns Brutus he will die at Philippi?
A. the ghost of Cinna the poet
B. Caesar's ghost
10. Who does Antony call "the noblest Roman of them all."?
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by