for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Tasmanian Devil
The Tasmanian Devil's reputation is earned in some respects but also has been based on hearsay. Test your knowledge of this Australian wildlife oddity.
May 13, 2017
Science & Nature
Animals & Animal Study
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. The Tasmanian Devil is characteristically what colour or colours?
C. spotted black and brown
D. black and white
2. What is the scientific name for the Tasmanian Devil?
A. sacophilus harrisii
B. vombatus ursinus
C. macropus rufus
D. phascolarctos cinerus
3. What is a Tasmanian Devil's home called?
4. Which of the following terms is not used to decribe Tasmanian Devil young?
5. The Tasmanian Devil has a large head in comparison to the rest of its body. How wide is the devil able to open its jaws?
A. 45 degrees
B. 60 degrees
C. 80 degrees
D. 100 degrees
6. Which of the following best describes the mating habits of the Tasmanian Devil?
A. They mate for life.
B. They mate with whoever is available.
C. They have a low success rate similar to pandas hence their endangered status.
D. The male creates a harem of submissive females.
7. What scientific classification is the Tasmanian Devil?
8. The Tasmanian Devil is a threatened species because of a disease that attacks what part of the devil?
9. The Tasmanian Devil's reputation has been based on people's observations of which of the following devil's characteristics?
A. aggressive behaviour when seeking a mate
B. fighting with others when eating
C. an unpleasant odour
D. all the above
10. The Warner Brothers character Taz, was based on the Tasmanian Devil. What is Taz's real name?
Conditions of Use