for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Greer Garson - Movie Icon
Greer Garson was a class act. Someone who exuded charm, grace and dignity. Test your knowledge of this admirable actress who was one of the most popular stars of the 1940s.
March 19, 2017
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Greer Garson @ Public Domain)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Where was Greer Garson born in 1904?
B. U S A
2. What birth name was Greer Garson given?
3. What was Greer Garson's first Hollywood film?
A. Blossoms in the Dust
B. Mrs Miniver
C. Pride and Prejudice
D. Goodbye, Mr Chips
4. Who played the husband to Greer Garson in eight movies?
A. Ronald Colman
B. Clifton Webb
C. Walter Pidgeon
D. Ralph Bellamy
5. For what role did Greer Garson win her sole Academy Award?
A. Goodbye, Mr Chips
B. Mrs Miniver
C. The Valley of Decision
D. Sunrise at Campobello
6. What was interesting about Greer Garson's second marriage?
A. She was still married to her first husband.
B. She did not meet her husband until her wedding day.
C. Her new husband played her son in Mrs Miniver.
D. Her husband was her first cousin.
7. Who said Greer Garson's performance as Mrs Miniver was worth more to the war effort than a flotilla of destroyers?
A. Winston Churchill
B. Franklin Roosevelt
C. Adolf Hitler
D. King George VI
8. Such was Greer Garson's fame in the 1940s that she received what honor?
A. A postage stamp was issued with her face on it.
B. Appeared on the cover of Time magazine
C. She was poached from MGM to RKO for a record fee.
D. She received a damehood from King George VI.
9. Where did Greer Garson mostly live following her third marriage?
10. Greer Garson and her third husband were philanthropists who donated money for the building of what two structures built in Greer Garson's name?
B. homes for unmarried mothers
D. swimming pools
Pine River Consulting 2022